Thursday, October 3, 2013

My reasoning for switching to an Independent

     Growing up in a very Democratic household I was raised to hold liberal ideals all my young life. Even during the past presidential election I was a vocal Obama supporter. While I still feel Obama was a better choice to run this country than Romney, this past year I have gotten more into politics than I ever have in my life. Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older and more concerned about issues such as healthcare, and retirement, etc. During the past year reading up on the true ideals of both of the top political parties and the Libertarian party I made the decision to just go Independent and have been vocal in the past few months on social networks encouraging people to do the same. The reasoning is quite simple and many of my friends have heard me say this before. There are some issues I have liberal feelings about, and there are some I have conservative feelings about. Therefore It made no sense to me to be affiliated with just one party.

     What actually triggered my decision to start learning more about different political parties was the gun control issue. I had come to find out I had more conservative feelings towards this issue. I'm not going to get into the logistics of that right now because this isn't a gun control topic I'm posting about. In this day and age it bothers me that so many people become these cheerleader drones to these political parties causes. Before I go further let me say if you truly feel in your heart that you hold all the same ideals as your political party then this post does not concern you. I'm trying to keep this short and sweet. What became my basic formula for all political issues is very simple. Read up on both sides view of an issue and form my own opinion based on my conclusions. Yes, that includes watching both MSNBC and Fox News. I don't really have an ending for this post so I'll just end it with suggesting to people to try considering both sides of an issue before you just jump on a certain parties bandwagon. This is JoesBurning and I approve this message.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment